Nowadays technology has reached its pick, and one of its smartest invention is The ‘ Car Play ’ . The term Car-play refers to a unit by which one can use their i-phone in car. If your apple CarPlay is not working, then you are at right place.
It works as a co-pilot of a car . It is one of the smartest and safest way to use your i-phone while driving. It has been developed and owned by Apple Inc.
The official release date of Apple car-play was on March 10, 2014. The operating system used in apple car-paly is ios. The website is apple.com/ios/carplay/ .
What is Apple Car-Play?
The apple car-play is like a multimedia device which is installed in cars where you can just plug in or connect your i-phone to use. It is one of the most simplest, easiest and safest way to use your apple device while you are driving your car.
For the cars where the apple car play in not pre installed in that case you can fit a device in your car named ‘ Car and Driver Intellidash ’ which will add the car-play in your car . It is very easy to fit in car without any hussle.
Related Article: Show Battery Percentage In Iphone 12
It dose not work as the same in-built apple car-play but it can be considered as a substitute of that. The market price of a ‘ Car and Driver Intellidash ’ is $349.99 approx . Moreover It’s not a permanent installation, so you can move it easily whenever required.
Features of Apple Car-Play
Now coming to the features of a apple car-play or what can a apple car-play do. With the help of a car play you can do whatever you want to do with your i-phone, making calls, sending messages, navigation, listening music, receiving messages, receiving calls and many more. You can also use google assistant in an apple car-play.
How to use car-play?
You just need to follow the below steps to set up car-play in your car :
- Some cars only supports car play with a USB cable whereas some cars supports car play both wirelessly and by USB cable.
- If your car supports car play with USB only then you need to plug in your i-phone to the USB port in your car but you must need to use an Apple lightning to the USB cable.
- If your car supports Car play both wirelessly and with USB cable, plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car. An alert on your iPhone will come to connect you wirelessly .
- If your car supports only wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel. Make sure that your stereo is in wireless or Bluetooth mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay, and select your car. And for more information check your car manual you will get a detail information.
- You can also arrange your carplay apps by: settings > General then tap on car play > select your car name and click on customize > click on ‘Add ’ button or ‘ Delete ’ button to add or remove apps according to your choice, you can also click and drag an app to change its order or position as per your choice.
- You can also change the wallpaper of your car play by : Open settings in car play > select wallpaper > choose a wallpaper you want to use and then click on ‘ Set ’ .
- Recently another feature has been added in a car play with ios 15. Siri can read out your received messages if you want. Siri announces the sender’s name and says only that they sent you a message. You can ask Siri to read the full message. To turn on this feature you need to follow a few steps :
- Open settings app in car play
- Then click on ‘ Announce message ’
- Turn it on
- Select Announce Options to choose whether messages will be spoken or not at the start of your drive.
How to solve the technical errors in car-play?
Sometimes there are some technical error or some problem occurs in the car play for which it doesn’t works. There are some ways by which you can troubleshoot if your car play is not working:
- You must enable your car play in your i-phone: First and foremost thing, make sure that CarPlay is properly configured on your iPhone. It may happen that somehow the car play got turned off by accident.
- Always enable your car play , when your phone is locked also.
- Always ensure Siri is enabled in the car play – For a car play to work properly Siri must be enabled all the time.
- Restart your i-phone – If everything is properly configured in your apple device and still car play is not working then the reason might be different. Sometimes all the date in the phone gets corrupted at that time you need to turn off your phone and again turn it on.
- Check your USB cable – Cars which only offers car play with USB, for those you need to check the USB cable wheather it is working properly or not. If not then you need to change the USB cable.
- Reconnect the car play – Sometimes the carplay connection with the phone gets corrupted, as a result it stops working so in that case you need to reconnect it again.
- Check for latest update – You need to make sure that both your iPhone and your car are running the latest version of their software .
- Proper connection – For wireless connection make sure your Bluetooth or wifi is enabled and properly connected, if not try to re-connect.
Related Article: Way To Use Pulse Oximeter at Home
The Apple Car play is a very user friendly thing which anyone can use having a car and a i-phone , it has made life and driving easier while calling or sending important messages, listening music whenever you are getting bored, Navigation, checking time and weather report while travelling, checking dates with the help of a digital calendar and many more things while driving a car.