Snap Inc., the business behind the Snapchat app, changed its name to Snap Inc. in September 2016. Snap has added a new feature to its messaging platform that makes it even more fleeting.
Clear Chats allows users to remove a message they’ve previously sent to a single person or a group of people, regardless of who they sent it to whether to a group of people or a person.
You may send a Snap to one person and have it disappear as soon as they open it, or you can share it with everyone on your friends list and have them watch it for 24 hours.
This post is for those of you who have ever pressed the “Send” button and then instantly regretted it. Snapchat will allow you to withdraw messages before they are seen by another user.
What Is the Best Way to Delete a Snapchat Message?
It’s really easy to delete a Snapchat message. Let’s find out how to unsend a snap. To get started, open the Snapchat app and perform the following:
- In the lower-left corner, tap the “Chat” icon.
- Choose the contact with whom the message you want to remove is associated.
- Hold down the long-press button on the message and select “Delete.”
- Click “Delete” one again to confirm.
How To Clear A Conversation
You may quickly remove an entire chat by first going to the contacts and then following these steps:
- Long-press the contact and select “More” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Clear Conversation” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Clear” to confirm.
How Do I Make Snaps Delete On Their Own?
You won’t be able to long-press and remove a snap if you’ve already sent one. That’s because, unlike messages, they’ll be deleted once a specific amount of time has passed. You have the option of having them disappear after 24 hours or after viewing.
How to Delete Messages that Have Been Saved?
Nothing lasts forever, which is Snapchat’s core feature. However, due to the app’s popularity, you may wish to save memories or chats from time to time. As a result, the developers added the ability to store chats to the platform. The messages will have a grey backdrop, indicating that they have been stored. So, thankfully, your friend won’t be able to save anything without your knowledge.
Saved messages will stay indefinitely, unlike typical Snapchat interactions that expire after 24 hours or 30 days. Any stored communications should be deleted by clearing your discussion. However, if you don’t want to end the chat, follow these steps:
- Go to Snapchat and look for the chat you’ve saved.
- Tap on ‘Unsave in Chat’ after long-pressing the message.
Some platforms make deleting all of your texts at once exceedingly tough. Snapchat, thankfully, isn’t one of them. With a few mouse clicks, you can erase all of your Snapchat messages. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and hit the profile button in the top left corner to access your profile.
- Then, in the top right-hand corner, touch on the Settings cog.
- Go to the bottom of the page and select ‘Clear Conversation.’
- Next, press the ‘X’ next to each contact, and then confirm in the pop-up box.
It’s vital to note that this will not remove any saved messages.
Messages that Have Been Deleted Can Be Recovered
You might be wondering if you can get your Snapchat messages back if you unintentionally deleted them. Unfortunately, the procedure isn’t straightforward.
If you saved the messages, they will be preserved under your contact’s profile. Otherwise, the message list will be empty. However, you may try downloading your information from the Snapchat website:
- Go to your account and sign in.
- Select the ‘My Data’ option.
- Then, in the top right-hand corner, touch on the Settings.
- Select ‘Clear Conversation’ from the drop-down menu.
- Next, touch the ‘X’ next to each contact and confirm in the pop-up box.
Keep in mind that this will not remove any saved messages.
Messages That Have Been Deleted
You might be wondering if you can restore your Snapchat messages if you’ve mistakenly deleted them. Regrettably, the procedure is not straightforward.
If you saved the messages, they’ll stay on your contact’s profile. The messaging list will be empty if this is not the case. However, you may try downloading your information from Snapchat’s website:
- Go to your account’s login page and sign in.
- Choose ‘My Data’ from the drop-down menu.
- To proceed, click the bottom-right ‘Submit Request’ button.
Some third-party paid services offer to recover your lost messages, so proceed with caution and study the developers before granting access to your accounts or paying anything to retrieve your messages.