Instagram has placed all of its historic symbols to a secret menu to help celebrate its tenth birthday, allowing you to revert to some of the original app icons of the past. A new hidden menu has surfaced within the “Settings” programme, which is easy to identify and activate, as part of the newest Instagram update for Android (and iOS).
You may change your Instagram app icon from within the app if you have the version 188.8.131.52.122 build (version 162.0 on iOS) installed on your Android device from the Google Play Store. There are 13 Instagram app icons to choose from when customizing your home screen, but we’re confident that the pre-launch and original Hipstamatic will be the most popular.
The entire collection is a long cry from the 2016 simple symbol. The 1:1 ratios will not be reinstated for purists, since this is only a visual tribute to great symbols from the previous decade.
How To Change Instagram Icon on Iphone Or Ipad
If you have an iOS device, you may utilize the Shortcuts app to customize the icon for any app you choose. There are, however, some conditions. You’ll need iOS 14 or above, the Shortcuts app installed, and the picture you wish to use for the Instagram app symbol saved to your Photos library.
It simply takes a few touches to switch between apps once you have all the parts in place.
Related Article: Quick Hack On How To Unsend A Snap
You simply need to create a new shortcut in the Shortcuts app and select the Open App action. Choose Instagram as the new shortcut picture, give it a name (such as “Instagram”), and choose a photo to serve as the new shortcut image.
When you’re finished, a new shortcut with the name “Instagram” and the picture you choose in the icon appears on your iOS device. You may conceal the original Instagram app from your home page so that you don’t have two icons for the same app.
How To Change Instagram Icon On Android Phone Or Tablet
If you have an Android device, you may change your Instagram icon via a third-party app.
Using an app
Many of the apps that enable you alter app icons are free and can be found in the Google Play store. Even yet, some features may be exclusive to in-app purchases, and many apps rely on in-app advertisements to access features. To explain how the procedure works, we’ll use X Icon Changer, but you may use any other tool you choose.
- From the Google Play store, download X Icon Changer.
- Select Widgets from the dropdown menu by tapping and holding a vacant place on your phone’s home screen.
- Look for X Icon Changer at the bottom of the list. When the home screen opens, tap and hold the symbol, then choose where you want it to move before releasing the screen.
- Select Instagram from your phone’s list of installed apps.
- Choose a picture to utilize. You have the option of browsing the many tabs of pre-made icons, taking a photo, or selecting an image from your photo library.
- Tap OK after you’re finished.
You may need to wait through an ad to finish these procedures, as with most icon-changing apps.
Using a launcher
Installing a launcher is another option for changing the Instagram icon (or any other app icon). Most launchers allow you to change the icons as well as the design of your phone. For example, Smart Launcher is a popular launcher that makes changing icons a breeze.
- Go to the Google Play store and download Smart Launcher.
- Start Smart Launcher for the first time and finish the setup. You’ll be prompted to subscribe to one of the app’s premium membership tiers, but you may decline and continue to use it for free.
- Go to Instagram and sign up (Smart Launcher automatically sorts the app onto the Communication page). Select Edit from the pop-up menu by tapping and holding the icon.
- Select the icon you’d want to use. You can select from the gallery (your phone’s photo gallery), Smart Launcher (the launcher’s icon collection), or any other icon packs that are loaded.