Dark Mode, sometimes known as night mode, is an option that alters the colour spectrum of the app to create a darker scene. If you want to stay up late with the lights turned off, utilise the dark mode, often known as bedtime mode.
Facebook and a slew of other applications, including Snapchat, have dark modes. Users may use their phones or other smart gadgets in dark mode at night without straining their eyes. Snapchat users are wondering how to obtain dark mode on Snapchat in 2021.
Also See: Best Free Language Translation Apps
On Snapchat, what is dark mode?
The colour palette of the app is changed to provide a darker background in Dark Mode (also known as night mode). If you want to remain up late at night with the lights turned off, utilise the dark mode, which is also known as bedtime mode. Dark settings are available in Facebook and other apps such as Snapchat.
If you use Dark Mode on your phone or other electronic gadgets late at night, you won’t harm your eyes or disrupt your sleep. Night mode isn’t available in many applications, unfortunately. You’ll also be surprised to learn that many of the best apps still lack this functionality.
Snapchat, for example, does not support dark mode on Android. It is, however, possible to turn it on by altering the settings. Regardless of what other apps can accomplish, here’s how to get Snapchat’s dark mode turned on.
How to get dark mode on Snapchat?
You’ve probably had the experience of trying to open an app late at night with the lights turned out and being blinded by your phone’s massive brightness.
To get around this, many apps now have Dark Mode settings that may be turned on or off. It’s straightforward on the iPhone, but it’s a little more complicated on Android. Let’s take a look at each one separately.
Using an iPhone:
- To begin, click on your photo in the upper-left corner to get to your profile.
- Then, by selecting the gear symbol, you may pick settings.
- Go to Settings > App Appearance and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- You’ll find three options under the App Appearance menu. Always Light, Always Dark, and Match System are three different methods to describe the same thing.
- Always Light activates Snapchat’s light mode forever, whilst Always Dark activates the dark mode.
- If you choose the match system option, your Snapchat app will use your iPhone’s default screen settings. This means that if you have Dark Mode on your phone, you’ll have it on Snapchat as well.
- To activate dark mode on Snapchat, you must select Always dark.
Dark mode on Android is more difficult to enable than it is on iPhone. The official dark mode for Snapchat on Android has yet to be introduced. The trial period is still in effect. However, it remains a possibility. To do so, go to your Android settings and activate dark mode.
To use Snapchat in dark mode on Android, follow the steps below.
- You must first enable your developer’s choice before you can proceed.
- To get started, go to Settings and select Display from the drop-down menu.
- Select Dark Mode next, which will give Android a dark theme.
- Return to Settings and scroll down to About Phone.
- Select Software Information, then tap the Build Number seven times again. The developer mode is currently active.
- After that, go to Settings and choose the new Developer Options, which contains a Force Dark Mode panel.
- If you turn it on, Snapchat will work in Dark Mode.
Using a third-party app, enable Snapchat dark mode.
Using a third-party app is another approach to enable Snapchat dark mode. Blue Light Filter is one of these apps. While Snapchat does not have a Dark Mode, Blue Light Filter does allow you to modify the harsh lighting emitted by your phone’s screen. Blue Light Filter is a screen protector that does not need rooting your Android phone. This is a non-intrusive technique to decrease Snapchat’s bright lighting.
These are the three primary methods for enabling Snapchat dark mode. It’s rather straightforward for iPhone users. Android users can use either the lengthy technique described above or the 3rd Party App.