We all love the iPhone models launched by Apple. Initially, on the earlier versions of iOS, to see the battery percentage one has to turn on the battery percentage option to see the battery information. But do you know how to show battery percentage in iPhone 12?
But on the iPhone 12, the battery percentage option is in-built and one has to just know the way to find it. This article briefly explains how to view the battery percentage and status and information about other accessories connected to the iPhone 12 as well as how to add a widget to your home screen.
On an important note, the battery life in iPhone 12 series usually lasts for a day or a day and a half so it is important to keep a check on the battery percentage from time to time. Battery status gives you a fair idea of when your iPhone is going to run out of battery so you can charge it on time.
How to view your battery percentage
Times were simpler when you could just click on the Setting icon to see your battery percentage. But in iPhone 12, things are a bit different. Let’s look at the steps to follow to view the battery percentage on iPhone 12:
- Open the iOS Control Center on the iPhone 12 screen by swiping down from the top right corner of the phone screen.
- Next to the battery icon present in the top right corner, one can see the battery percentage and other battery-related information.
- Tap on the background (on the screen) or swipe up to close the iOS Control Center and return to the home screen.
Related Article: Get Dark Mode On Snapchat For iOS
How to view your battery percentage from status bar
See the battery percentage of the iPhone 12 in the status bar:
- On an iPhone with Face ID- Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen.
- On an iPhone with a Home button- Go to the Settings icon, click on it. Then click on the ‘Battery’ option. Turn on the battery percentage.
One can use this way to periodically check the battery percentage from time to time. If you want to always view the battery-related information, you can add a widget to your home screen which would show the battery status. The widget option comes preloaded on iPhone 12 which can be added to the home screen.
How to view your battery percentage by adding widget to your screen
You can add the widget option by the following steps:
- Tap and hold the iPhone 12 screen till the icons start wiggling.
- Tap on the ‘+’ option.
- Tap on the Batteries option in the widgets pop-up on the screen.
- Choose the style of widget you want to use and swipe back and forth to see the other options. The battery widget option will also display information about other Apple devices connected to your phone like the AirPods and Apple Watch.
- Tap on the Add Widget option you want to use.
- The widget you chose will be added to your home screen. You can move it around the location you want to place it and then click on the ‘Done’ option.
How to view your battery percentage using Siri
You can also find the battery percentage on iPhone 12 by asking Siri. For that, you need to activate Siri using the side button and then ask Siri the below questions
- Hey Siri, how much battery percentage do I have left?
- The battery percentage?
- What is my battery percentage?
- Battery charged?
After asking, the battery percentage and status will be displayed on the screen.
On a side note, if you are upgrading from an iPhone without the Face ID, you will see that because of the camera notch at the top of the screen, there’s no longer enough horizontal room to display the battery status and the icon simultaneously. You can follow the above steps to temporarily or permanently view your battery status.
When you plug in your iPhone for charging, you will be able to see the battery percentage of your iPhone on the screen as soon as the device starts charging. So irrespective of the way you start charging, whether using the lightning port, MagSafe charger, or even wireless charging, as soon as your device starts charging the battery status is displayed on the screen.
Related Article: Everything You Need To know About Google Chromecast
In the case of MagSafe charging, the charging animation is a bit different for the iPhone 12. This is not available for other iPhone versions. You will get to see the standard battery icon percentage under it. You will also see a similar icon on your home screen of the iPhone 12 once you remove your charger from a power source or wireless charging. The date option below the clock on the lock screen will be replaced by the battery percentage on the screen.
If you are facing issues while doing the above-mentioned steps, you can always use third-party apps to view the battery status of your iPhone 12. You can choose from some of the best apps:
- Battery HD+- This app shows your battery percentage in detail. It shows temperature, voltage and battery usage charts. Along with the battery percentage displayed in the widget, it also shows your battery usage patterns. The widget can be customized according to your needs. You can download this app from the Apple Play Store for free.
- Battery Life Doctor Pro- This app gives information about the battery status and tips on improving your battery life. This is an ideal app for older versions of iOS, starting from iOS 11. The app is available on the Apple Play Store.
- Usage:System Activity Widgets- This app is ideal for people who want other tools for their devices and battery monitoring feature. Along with battery details, this app also displays detailed specifications about your device hardware. Similar to other apps, this app also allows customizing the widgets according to your choice.
It might not be as straightforward to view the battery details on your iPhone 12 but this article describes completely how to view your battery status and information about other accessories connected to it. As time is passing, there might come up more ways in which you can see you see your battery percentage as well.